Can you relate to having an ideal version of yourself you are incessantly trying to become through perfectionism, strife and overachieving? Our western culture pressures us to be perfect in every aspect of our lives. While we may believe becoming our ideal selves will give us the fulfillment we are searching for, the reality is constantly trying to become someone we weren’t created to be, robs us of joy and contentment. In this conversation we talk about how breaking up with our ideal selves frees us to live authentically as the girls and women God made us to be.
In this conversation Allie and Christie talk about:
- The formation of our ideal selves
- How chasing our ideal selves robs us of contentment and joy
- Allie and Christie’s continuing journey of surrendering their ideal selves
- How perfectionism disconnects us with others and how authenticity and brokenness brings connection
- How turning away from a self-focused life sets us free
—Watch the episode here
- Get your copy of “Wonderfully Made:Discover the Identity, Love, and Worth You Were Created For”
About Christie and Allie
Christie Myers is the co-host of our podcast and has been an active leader on Wonderfully Made’s team for more than 10 years. She has an imaginative soul, thrives in connection, and loves deep conversations with women. Christie works an ICF certified Executive Coach and business development leader. She is passionate about worship, the pursuit of wisdom, the wonder of creation, and living a wholehearted life.
Allie Marie Smith is the Founder and Director of Wonderfully Made. She is an award-winning author, speaker, podcast host, and certified life coach. She lives in North Santa Barbara County where she loves surfing and adventuring up and down the California coast with her husband, Paul, and Golden Retriever Gidget.