As you may have already noticed, we have recently started accepting submissions for Know Your Value. We have been so thankful to each of you who have sent in content for us to use on the blog, and we’re here today to say…we want more! So if you’ve got a story to tell, some thoughts to share, or even inspiring art or photography, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you need to know before sending us your stuff…
Know Your Value is a blog that encourages young women and helps them discover their true value and worth in Christ so that they can live outward-focused lives. Our main audience is older teen girls and young 20-something women.
Please make sure the topic and content of your post is aligned with the content we post here on Know Your Value. Topics for your post could include beauty, body image, relationships, media commentary, your personal testimony, photography with quotes or scripture, or anything related to living a Christ-centered life. We encourage you to get familiar with each different topic (which can be found listed on the right hand side of the blog under “posts by topic”) before submitting your material. (NOTE: Although we appreciate the art of poetry, we are not featuring it on the blog at this time.)
REQUIREMENTS & FORMATTING GUIDELINES
- Word Count: 250-800 words.
- Original work: All submissions must be original content and not previously published (after we post it on our blog, you may post the content on your own personal website).
- Required information: Please include your name, topic, article title, and a question to ask our readers. You may also include a brief bio and a link to your website (or Twitter or Facebook pages).
- Proofreading and spell-check: Please look over your submission for grammar, sentence flow, accuracy and spelling several times before sending it to us. If your post is clearly unedited, we will not be able to post it.
- Images: The only attachments you should include are images to be used in your post. If the photo is not your property, please include the source at the end of your post submission.
- Email: Please submit your story to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Guest Post – [your post title].” Your post must be pasted directly into the body of the email (only attach any original photography or images you’re submitting to include with the post).
We will edit all submissions for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If we need to make more significant changes, we will email you for approval before posting it. We also may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context, which will be stylistically set apart from your content so our readers know that those words are ours and not yours.
Although we can’t promise that we’ll post every submission we get, we will definitely read and consider them all. Thanks in advance for your submissions!
What kind of content do you most like to see here on Know Your Value?