I write today’s blog from the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. Paul and I are on on a little surf vacation. And let me be real – I haven’t been feeling so cute lately. This haole-girl feels a bit out of place amidst the nearly naked golden brown bodies of bombshell surfer girls and professional tanners (modesty is not the policy). I glance at their natural blond highlights, dainty, lean physiques and skimpy bikinis and all of a sudden I feel like I don’t match up. Last night after recovering from another sunburn (no, this haole-girl doesn’t tan), I stumbled across this list of “Beauty Tips by God” which I wrote for a Mother-Daughter brunch I spoke at a few years ago. I knew the time was fitting and after meditating on it myself I thought I would share it with you girls. So here it is – timeless beauty tips inspired by the Author of Beauty Himself.
*Today’s photo is by the lovely Katee Grace Clay.
Tips For Timeless Beauty
- Laugh out loud
- Dance with joy
- Dress yourself in a true understanding of your value and worth as my child
- Pray to me
- Drink my living water
- Do not worry
- Wrap yourself in my arms of mercy
- Walk upon the aisle of my grace
- Be slow to speak and quick to listen
- Love me the Lord your God with all your heart
- Open your arms to the poor and extend your hands to the needy
- Love your enemies
- Remain in my love
- Let your spirit sing my praises
- Forgive as you have been forgiven and accept others as you have been accepted
- Feed the hungry
- Clothe the naked
- Have compassion for those in need
- Proclaim my mighty name throughout all the earth
Please add any other “Timeless Beauty Tips” in your comments below! I’d love to read them!