We have exciting news for you! We’re hiring a Social Media Intern to join our team! If you or someone you know are interested, read carefully below to find out more about the position and how to apply.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position pays $75 a month and/or college credit to start (with some growth potential) and requires 20+ Instagram posts a month which should be linked to our Twitter and Facebook. We are looking for someone who is ministry-minded and passionate about inspiring and encouraging young women with scripture and inspiration quotes. The ideal candidate is proficient in Photoshop or another design program and can make simple Instagram icons like the one below that reflect both our message and brand. This position would be an independent contractor position and the person would not be an employee of WM.
Read below for the job description, qualifications and application instructions.
- Curate relevant content to reach the Wonderfully Made’s ideal customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Creates social media schedule with upcoming posts and has it approved by manager
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Become an advocate for the Wonderfully Made in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Design savvy and proficient in photoshop or similar program; ability to design Instagram posts.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining relationships, online and off.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Allie Marie Smith
- Create 3 sample Instagram posts for our account. See example above and check out our Instagram feed for more inspiration. There are two parts to the post: the image itself and the text used in the caption which should include our #wmade hashtag and anything else you think is fitting such as the entire verses or quote written out. Email us the Instagram icon (image + designed text) AND the caption you would use to accompany each icon. We are looking for refreshing, inspiring and beautiful photographs. Use the designed image below as an example and template to work off of. We use Century Gothic font and place our website in the same place as often as possible. For text you can use verses or quotes. For images, since we are not publishing them, you can find images online or from other Instagram accounts that you think will be fitting for us. Again, we won’t be publishing these so I believe it’s okay to do for this purpose. You can also use original images you have access to which would probably be ideal.
*Above photo by Sunny Golden