I love how we each have dreams hidden in our hearts. Sometimes they are God-breathed dreams. Other times they are of our own making. Often they will appear for a while, only to fade into forgotten hopes.
It’s rare, however, and far in-between when surfaced dreams actually unfold into something real. But when they do, it’s magical. Especially when they are God-breathed dreams.
Over a year ago I had an idea for Wonderfully Made – to create a poetic, image-rich video of Psalm 139. It was the Psalm that forever changed my life when I was 18, and continues to change countless more. Monday, God took this dream, made it a reality and stamped it with His fingerprints. The surprising thing isn’t that the video is a reality, but that it is more beautiful and amazing than my own mind could have ever imagined.
- Our cinematographer was our dear friend Nic McLean of Tight Productions. The hilarious, fun and talented man behind the lovely, equally talented and sweet-as-ever Jessica McLean – one of my dearest friends (and favorite singer/songwriter).
- It turned out more beautiful, professional, dreamy and artistic than I thought possible.
- We filmed it at very special, pristine and private location which happens to be one of my favorite places in the world and one of the most sought after, hard-to-access spots on the coast.
- We captured all the shots in one day and completed it this morning at 1:38am.
- We got access to unreleased music by the legendary artist Josh Garrels, who is a pure musical genuis and just so happens to be one of my most favorite singers (and friends of Nic & Jess).
- We concluded our production day with big belly laughs, a tasty meal and hot apple crisp.
- My friends Kate and Elizabeth were featured in the project. Elizabeth was the fearless stunt girl and cowgirl (she’s legit) and Kate was the natural beauty we follow in the film.
- Last night our Westmont College chapter hosted a private, intimate concert with Jessica where she shared some of her new songs with us. Her next album is goign to be epic!
What dreams has God put in your heart? How can you honor Him with them?
Love you girls,
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20.