by Natalie Lynn Borton
Good morning, girls! Hope you all had a restful weekend and are feeling refreshed. Today I want to share with you some wisdom from author and women’s advocate Jess Weiner. According to Jess, “True confidence is earned over time through your thoughts, actions, and experiences.” Below are five ways she recommends for us to love ourselves right now…
- Forgive. Forgive yourself. Forgive others. Forgive your parents. You get the drill. But when you begin to let go of resentments and regret you begin to immediately feel lighter and more loving. Now, forgiving isn’t the same as forgetting – so take some time to dig up any old or recent issues you’ve buried and confront them head on.
- Take small steps of action. Can’t stand your job? Revamp your resume. Feeling bad for not spending enough time with your kids? Log off the computer right now and play with them! Unhappy with your physical wellness…strap on your sneakers and take a walk. Get out of your head and into your life. Taking an immediate action when we feel bogged down mentally – will help you move the energy in a new direction.
- Practice grace daily. You know that nasty nagging voice in your head? The one that says you can’t do anything right? Well tell it (gently) to go take a hike! Grace holds the space for things to be in progress, imperfect, and messy. Practice daily Grace and like a muscle, the more you exercise it the stronger it becomes.
- Pay attention to your body. Yes, that vehicle of flesh, blood, and bones that carries you around from one amazing experience to another needs your attention! Stop bashing it, ignoring it, neglecting it, or abusing it. It wants love just like you do. And part of loving your body is really tuning into it. Learn its cues: when you are tired, rest. When you are hungry, eat. When you are stressed, breathe. (See step #2 Take Action). It really can be that simple.
- Make friends with patience and progress. Becoming buddies with the qualities of patience and progress will help you roll more smoothly through life’s experiences. Patience (see #3 on daily Grace) is all about allowing yourself to make mistakes, learn and grow, and inviting others to do the same. Remember, happiness is not just a destination in life but a manner of traveling!
Could you add anything to this list? How do you love yourself?