Hey Girls! I thought I would share an excerpt from Lesson 2, “The HEAL Basics” of “HEAL: Healthy Eating & Abundant Living.“ I hope it challenges and encourages you to cultivate a freedom-filled approach to food!
Often times our understanding of eating is linked to all-or-nothing thinking:
- I can only have twenty-two points a day.
- I have to have everything organic.
- I have to ban all starches and refined foods from my diet.
1. Make a list of any foods you have banned from your diet or deemed “bad.” Are there any foods that you currently restrict yourself from eating? If so, why?
2. Foods I have banned:
3. Foods I’m currently restricting from my list of acceptable foods:
4. Why I have banned these foods from my life?
5. Reflect on any occasions you have binged on the foods you listed above.
Question: Do you find yourself engaging in all or nothing thinking when it comes to food and exercise?